Franklin & Marshall College - Harwood Commons

Location Lancaster, PA


Owner Franklin & Marshall College


Architect Atkin Olshin Schade

Key Challenges & Project Details

  • Transformation of a 10,370 SF exsiting infirmary into Harwood Commons, the new home for the college’s Office of Student and Post Graduate Development and the Ware Institute for Civic Engagement.
  • Originally constructed in 1958, the renovations renew the building for the next 40 years.
  • Project features include: complete interior renovation of the first floor and lower level; new mechanical infrastructure; new exterior windows; new ADA bathrooms; an elevator, and an outdoor loggia.