Location York, PA
Owner Logos Academy
Architect LSC Design
Key Challenges & Project Details
- Adaptive reuse paired with new construction to create a new 42,000 SF private school.
- Circa 1882 tower was integrated into the design.
- Two-story facility includes classrooms for grades K-8, a cafeteria, auditorium, library and administrative offices.
- Earned LEED certification.
- “Green” features include low-VOC paint/adhesives, material incorporating recycled content (carpet, ceiling tile, steel), reuse of existing building, redeveloped “brownfield” site, water use reduction via low flow toilets/faucets, and lighting controls.