Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
August 24, 2018 by Alyssa Girouard
August 24, 2018
(York, PA ) Wagman, Inc. sponsored its fourth annual Can-Struction contest over the summer. Offices and jobsites were broken into teams and invited to collect canned goods and other non-perishable food items for local charities. On the last day of the drive, teams had 90 minutes to construct the donations into sculptures. In total, the company donated 3,118 pounds of food.
Photos of the sculptures were featured on social media and on the company Intranet so employees and followers on social media could vote for their favorite. With a record number of votes this year, top honors went to a team from Wagman’s corporate headquarters in York, Pa. with their “Building America” sculpture. The team receives $250 to designate to a non-profit of their choice, as well as a certificate. “Ex-ing Out Hunger” built by the team at Wagman’s Dinwiddie, Va. office took second place. Their prize was a certificate and $100 to designate to a non-profit of their choice.
- Wagman’s York, Pa. Offices collected 2,320 pounds of food which were donated to Mr. Sandy’s Veterans Shelter & Bell Family Shelter.
- Wagman’s Berryville, Va. Office collected 145 pounds of food which were donated to FISH of Clarke County.
- Wagman’s Dinwiddie, Va. Office collected 653 pounds of food from offices and jobsites in Virginia which were donated to Cares, Inc. (Crisis Assistance Response Emergency Shelter).
“We are active in all of the communities where our employees live, work and play, but this is the one annual event that gets everyone involved and engaged at the same time for some ‘friendly competition’ and the results are nothing short of amazing,” states Lisa Wagman Glezer, Vice President of Wagman, Inc. She adds, “We are always working together to build great things and exceed expectations in our communities.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center