August 1, 2017
Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
(York, PA ) Wagman, Inc. sponsored its third annual Can-Struction contest during the month of May. Offices and jobsites were broken into teams and invited to collect canned goods and other non-perishable food items for local charities. On the final day of the competition, teams had 90 minutes to construct the donations into sculptures. In total, the company donated 2,748 pounds of food.
Photos of the Can-Struction sculptures were featured on social media and on the company Intranet so employees and followers on social media could vote for their favorite sculpture. Taking top honors for the third year in a row was Wagman’s Dinwiddie, Va. office with their “Driving Out Hunger” sculpture. The team receives $250 to designate to a non-profit of their choice, as well as a certificate. “Wagman Truck” built by a team at Wagman’s corporate office in York, Pa. won second place. Their prize was a certificate and $100 to designate to a non-profit of their choice.
- Wagman’s York, Pa. Offices collected 1,760 pounds of food which were donated to Mr. Sandy’s Veterans Shelter & Bell Family Shelter.
- Wagman’s Berryville, Va. Office collected 220 pounds of food which were donated to FISH of Clarke County.
- Wagman’s Dinwiddie, Va. Office collected 768 pounds of food from offices and jobsites in Virginia which were donated to Cares, Inc. (Crisis Assistance Response Emergency Shelter).
“This is one of our favorite events every year because of the energy, the friendly competition and ultimately, the end result”, Lisa Wagman Glezer, Vice President commented. “It was great teamwork for a great cause. Our Pa. offices nearly doubled their donation total from last year and as a whole, we collected over 400 pounds more food than last year. People were inspired and the best part is that our employees come together, have fun and it all benefits others in our communities where we live, work and play.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort