June 21, 2016
Wagman Sponsors Can-struction Contest and Donates Over 2,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
(York, PA ) Wagman, Inc. sponsored its second annual Can-struction contest. Offices and jobsites were broken into teams and invited to collect canned goods and food for local charities. On the final day, teams had an hour and a half to construct the donations into sculptures. The engineers, creators and contractors prided themselves at delivering their projects “on time, on schedule and under budget.”
Photos of the Can-struction sculptures were featured on social media and on the company Intranet so employees and followers could vote for their favorite sculpture. Wagman’s Dinwiddie, VA office claimed first place again this year with their “Wagman Survey Team” sculpture. The prize was a certificate and $250 to designate to a non-profit of their choice. “Wagman Kingdom” built by a team at Wagman’s corporate York, PA office won second place. Their prize was a certificate and $100 to designate to a non-profit of their choice.
- Wagman’s York, PA Offices collected 950 pounds of food which were donated to Mr. Sandy’s Veterans Shelter & Bell Family Shelter.
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office collected 177 pounds of food which were donated to FISH of Clarke County.
- Wagman’s Dinwiddie, VA Office collected 1,190 pounds of food from offices and jobsites in Virginia which were donated to Cares, Inc. (Crisis Assistance Response Emergency Shelter).
Lisa Wagman Glezer, Vice President comments, “There was some healthy competition and the sculptures were impressive – we build cool stuff all the time, but we were amazed at the can-struction sculptures that appeared in just 90 minutes or less. There were stories of work plans, collapses, repairs and a lot of fun.” Glezer adds, “The passion of our people is inspiring. We had a large increase in participation from our jobsites this year which more than tripled the donations for our Dinwiddie, VA office. Four food pantries in counties where our employees live, work and play benefited from this drive which was a fantastic outcome.”
Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA.
Wagman has been consistently ranked among the Best Places to Work in PA. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort