Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
February 21, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
February 21, 2017
(York, PA ) On January 26, 2017, the Maryland Quality Initiative (MdQI) hosted an Awards of Excellence banquet during the annual MdQI Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. The Awards of Excellence acknowledge the commendable efforts of engineering consultants and contractors who have delivered successful public sector transportation projects in Maryland. Wagman received three awards for their work on the I-95 Deck Rehabilitation and Joint Modification Project for the Maryland Transportation Authority.
Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. received two Awards of Excellence: the 2017 MdQI Partnering Construction Gold Award and the 2017 MdQI Modal Award Over $5 Million. Wagman also received the 2017 MdQI Project of the Year Over $5 Million.
The $54.9M project involved the rehabilitation of 241,643 SY of existing bridge decks along Interstate 95 through Baltimore City. Deck rehabilitations using hydro demolition followed by latex modified concrete (LMC) overlay and expansion joint modifications were performed on 28 bridges along I-95 between I-695 Beltway and the Fort McHenry Tunnel. The project work improved ride quality and performance on the bridge decks. It is the largest latex modified concrete project ever completed in the U.S.
Greg Andricos, President and COO of Wagman comments, “It’s great to celebrate this success with our project team and partners. Milestone projects like this don’t just happen - they require constant planning, coordination and attention to quality. We are thrilled to be recognized for our achievements.”
Wagman, the prime contractor on the project, was a partner with the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA), owner, and Wallace Montgomery, designer. The project was also awarded ENR Mid-Atlantic’s 2016 Best Specialty Contracting Project last November.
For more information about Maryland Quality Initiative (MdQI), please visit www.mdqi.org.
Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center