Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
February 21, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
February 21, 2017
(York, PA ) On January 26, 2017, the Maryland Quality Initiative (MdQI) hosted an Awards of Excellence banquet during the annual MdQI Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. The Awards of Excellence acknowledge the commendable efforts of engineering consultants and contractors who have delivered successful public sector transportation projects in Maryland. Wagman received three awards for their work on the I-95 Deck Rehabilitation and Joint Modification Project for the Maryland Transportation Authority.
Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. received two Awards of Excellence: the 2017 MdQI Partnering Construction Gold Award and the 2017 MdQI Modal Award Over $5 Million. Wagman also received the 2017 MdQI Project of the Year Over $5 Million.
The $54.9M project involved the rehabilitation of 241,643 SY of existing bridge decks along Interstate 95 through Baltimore City. Deck rehabilitations using hydro demolition followed by latex modified concrete (LMC) overlay and expansion joint modifications were performed on 28 bridges along I-95 between I-695 Beltway and the Fort McHenry Tunnel. The project work improved ride quality and performance on the bridge decks. It is the largest latex modified concrete project ever completed in the U.S.
Greg Andricos, President and COO of Wagman comments, “It’s great to celebrate this success with our project team and partners. Milestone projects like this don’t just happen - they require constant planning, coordination and attention to quality. We are thrilled to be recognized for our achievements.”
Wagman, the prime contractor on the project, was a partner with the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA), owner, and Wallace Montgomery, designer. The project was also awarded ENR Mid-Atlantic’s 2016 Best Specialty Contracting Project last November.
For more information about Maryland Quality Initiative (MdQI), please visit www.mdqi.org.
Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors