October 28, 2016
Wagman Recognized with National Safety Award
(York, PA ) The American Road & Transportation Builders Association-Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) recently recognized Wagman with the ARTBA-TDF 2016 Contractor Safety Award. This award honors American contractors who have implemented exceptional employee safety programs that demonstrate strong management commitment, safety planning, risk assessment, and employee participation.
Wagman’s submission focused on efforts to implement an innovative program that reflects Wagman’s commitment to safety as a core value. As a finalist, Mike Glezer, CEO and Cory Gaye, Corporate Safety Director, made a presentation “An Evolving Culture of Safety” in front of a panel of industry professionals during ARTBA’s National Convention in Tucson, Arizona. Wagman shared their safety model that engages every employee at some level to increase awareness of safety throughout the organization. Wagman is dedicated to providing a safe work environment and to ensuring that employees return home safely every day.
Mike Glezer accepted the award. Glezer comments, “We are continually implementing best-in-class programs to improve our safety program at Wagman. This award recognizes the commitment from everyone at Wagman who has embraced safety as our part of our culture – our leadership, management, supervision and our workforce who live out our safety program every day.”
Awards were presented in three categories, based on the number of employee hours worked during the previous year: 1,000,001 or more; 500,001-1,000,000; and 500,000 or fewer. Wagman won the 500,001 – 1,000,000 (medium) category.
Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. Wagman Heavy Civil is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, bonded concrete overlays, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort