August 30, 2016
Wagman Recognized by ENR for Largest Latex Modified Concrete Project in United States
(York, PA ) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. recently completed the $54.9M “I-95 Deck Rehabilitation and Joint Modification Project” for the Maryland Transportation Authority. The project was recently recognized by Engineering News Record (ENR) as 2016’s Best Specialty Contracting Project in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Wagman’s contract required the rehabilitation of 236,734 square yards of existing bridge decks along Interstate 95 through Baltimore. Deck rehabilitations using hydro demolition followed by latex modified concrete (LMC) overlay and expansion joint modifications were performed on 28 bridges along I-95 between I-695 and the Fort McHenry Tunnel.
To minimize traffic impacts, 42 individual traffic shifts were performed throughout the 2-year construction period. All through lanes on I-95 were maintained during peak travel hours except for a two month period mid-summer when traffic volumes were at their lowest. In addition, selective ramp closures with detours were implemented. The contract required 236 miles of temporary markings, 20 miles of permanent markings, 52 miles of temporary barriers, a half-mile of joint replacements, and over 15,695 cubic yards of LMC. Safely delivered within an extremely compressed schedule, this project was the largest LMC rehabilitation project awarded as a single contract in the U.S.
Greg Andricos, President and COO of Wagman stated, “This success of this project can be attributed to active partnering between the owner and Wagman Team members, who remained committed to schedule, quality, timely issue resolution and safety throughout the duration of the project.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, bonded concrete overlays, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
Wagman has been consistently ranked among the Best Places to Work in PA. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman hosts Fall Family Events in honor of Company’s 115th Anniversary
- Wagman Celebrates Ribbon Cutting of MD 404 with Governor
- Wagman Completes Transformation at DreamWrights Center for Community Arts
- Wagman Breaks Ground on Landmark Project for York Academy
- Wagman Construction Builds Innovative Penn State Health Outpatient Facility
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort