Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
June 30, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
June 30, 2017
(York, PA ) The Garden State Parkway over Great Egg Harbor Bay project, located in Beesley’s Point, NJ was recently awarded an Honor Award at the 46th Annual Engineering Excellence Awards Banquet by the American Council of Engineering Companies of New Jersey. The event recognizes engineering achievements demonstrating a high degree of skill and ingenuity among firms throughout New Jersey. Route 52 Constructors, a Joint Venture of Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. and R.E. Pierson Construction Co., Inc., contractors of the project, were recognized during the awards at the event. Hardesty & Hanover, engineers, was also honored. For more information about the American Council of Engineering Companies of New Jersey, please visit http://www.acecnj.org.
The project also won the Grand Award at the 54th Annual New Jersey Concrete Awards Banquet by the New Jersey Chapter of The American Concrete Institute. This event honors outstanding concrete construction projects in the state of New Jersey. As the Grand Award winner, Route 52 Constructors was presented with a concrete statuette – The Rocky. Project owner, New Jersey Turnpike Authority and project engineer Hardesty & Hanover, were also presented with the award. For more information about the New Jersey Chapter of The American Concrete Institute, please visit http://www.njaci.com.
This $140.3M project for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority involved the construction of a new parallel bridge carrying Garden State Parkway southbound traffic over Great Egg Harbor Bay and Drag Channel west of the existing structure. Work also included demolition of Beesley’s Point Bridge over Great Egg Harbor Bay and Drag Channel; construction of a new 3,840-foot bridge over Great Egg Harbor Bay and a new 800-foot bridge over Drag Channel.
Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa.
Wagman Heavy Civil is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, bonded concrete overlays, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center