June 30, 2017
Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
(York, PA ) The Garden State Parkway over Great Egg Harbor Bay project, located in Beesley’s Point, NJ was recently awarded an Honor Award at the 46th Annual Engineering Excellence Awards Banquet by the American Council of Engineering Companies of New Jersey. The event recognizes engineering achievements demonstrating a high degree of skill and ingenuity among firms throughout New Jersey. Route 52 Constructors, a Joint Venture of Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. and R.E. Pierson Construction Co., Inc., contractors of the project, were recognized during the awards at the event. Hardesty & Hanover, engineers, was also honored. For more information about the American Council of Engineering Companies of New Jersey, please visit http://www.acecnj.org.
The project also won the Grand Award at the 54th Annual New Jersey Concrete Awards Banquet by the New Jersey Chapter of The American Concrete Institute. This event honors outstanding concrete construction projects in the state of New Jersey. As the Grand Award winner, Route 52 Constructors was presented with a concrete statuette – The Rocky. Project owner, New Jersey Turnpike Authority and project engineer Hardesty & Hanover, were also presented with the award. For more information about the New Jersey Chapter of The American Concrete Institute, please visit http://www.njaci.com.
This $140.3M project for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority involved the construction of a new parallel bridge carrying Garden State Parkway southbound traffic over Great Egg Harbor Bay and Drag Channel west of the existing structure. Work also included demolition of Beesley’s Point Bridge over Great Egg Harbor Bay and Drag Channel; construction of a new 3,840-foot bridge over Great Egg Harbor Bay and a new 800-foot bridge over Drag Channel.
Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa.
Wagman Heavy Civil is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, bonded concrete overlays, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort