Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
May 26, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
May 26, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman received Honorable Mention during the 2017 Excellence in Concrete Awards by the Maryland Chapter of the American Concrete Institute for the I-95 Deck Rehabilitation and Joint Modification Project. The project received the honorable mention during the awards banquet held in April, which honored projects with advanced knowledge and practices in construction with concrete.
The $54.9M project involved the rehabilitation of 241,643 SY of existing bridge decks along Interstate 95 through Baltimore City. Deck rehabilitations using hydro demolition followed by latex modified concrete (LMC) overlay and expansion joint modifications were performed on 28 bridges along I-95 between I-695 Beltway and the Fort McHenry Tunnel. The project work improved ride quality and performance on the bridge decks. It is the largest latex modified concrete project ever completed in the U.S.
Wagman, the prime contractor on the project, was a partner with the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA), owner, and Wallace Montgomery, designer. The project also received three awards at the 2017 MdQI Awards of Excellence banquet in January, including Project of the Year, and was awarded ENR Mid-Atlantic’s 2016 Best Specialty Contracting Project last November.
Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa.
Wagman Heavy Civil is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, bonded concrete overlays, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center