Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
June 27, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
June 27, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman showed its continued commitment to safety by participating in National Construction Safety Week, held May 1 – 5, 2017. The mission of Safety Week is to raise awareness of eliminating worker injury and communicate a shared culture of care and concern. The focus of the week boils down to one goal: keeping each other safe.
The theme for the year was “Safety: It’s In Our Hands.” Wagman distributed 500 safety week stickers for hard hats and the company’s safety team visited jobsites throughout the week to meet with employees and raise awareness on eliminating worker injury. After the meetings, employees were invited to sign a safety pledge banner, showing their personal promise to taking safety into their own hands.
“We communicate jobsite safety on a daily basis,” said Cory Gaye, Corporate Safety Director at Wagman. “During National Construction Safety Week we engaged all of our office and field operations to put further emphasis on why we work safely, and increase the awareness and commitment so everyone returns home every day in the same shape that we came in.”
In an effort to further increase awareness with the general public, Wagman coordinated a social media campaign featuring employee quotes responding to, “Why is safety important to me?”.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center