Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
September 27, 2018 by Alyssa Girouard
September 27, 2018
(York, PA) Wagman hosted their annual summer version of “Take Your Child to Work Day” in the York, Pa. and Dinwiddie, Va. offices on Friday, August 10. The event invites employees to bring their children/grandchildren to work, where a program for all ages was planned from 9am – 1pm. Older children were welcome to shadow their parents for the remainder of the day.
The program included an interactive presentation about Wagman’s history, current projects that parents are working on, and how all the people at Wagman contribute on a daily basis. At the York office, participants learned the importance of PPE with an active safety demonstration, toured a bathroom renovation project, and visited various departments on a scavenger hunt. Teams built a geotechnical retention wall with sand and paper that supported kids over 100 pounds! Participants at the Dinwiddie office learned the importance of safety on the jobsite and about surveying with various demonstrations. An estimating lesson and contest and “Equipment Rodeo” was held at both locations providing participants an opportunity to learn about and climb on construction equipment. Other construction themed games and themed activities were ongoing and Virtual Reality demonstrations were offered to older kids and adults. To wrap up the program, children enjoyed lunch and cold treats with their parents.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Opens I-95 Northbound Bridge over Meherrin River to Traffic
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Replacement of Three Bridges over MD 295
- Wagman Breaks Ground on York Revolution 1741 Club
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors