September 9, 2016
Wagman Hosts a Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
(York, PA ) Wagman hosted their annual summer version of “Take Your Child to Work Day” in the York, PA and Dinwiddie, VA offices on Friday, August 5th. The event invites employees to bring their children/grandchildren to work. Older children were welcome to shadow employees for the day and a program for children of all ages was planned from 9 am - 1 pm. This was the first year Wagman hosted the event at the Dinwiddie, VA office, which opened in 2015.
The program included a presentation featuring history, notable construction projects and careers in construction. Children and parents participated in an estimating activity and contest followed by a construction activity in which participants had to make a tower with limited quantities of spaghetti noodles, tape and marshmallows. They also learned about safety gear and safety on jobsites. At the York office, participants toured the Field Service Center and a jobsite trailer, followed by a visit to the Weigh Station in which participants compared their collective weight to the weight of a skid loader. Participants at the Dinwiddie office learned about surveying and safety gear including a demonstration on a safety harness, an air monitor and fire extinguisher. Other age appropriate construction themed activities were ongoing during the event. An “Equipment Rodeo” provided an opportunity for participants in both locations to learn about and climb on construction equipment.
As an extension of Wagman’s commitment to community, Wagman invited those interested to make cards for Support Our American Recruits (S.O.A.R.), a local non-profit that Wagman coordinates annual drives for holiday care packages to troops. To wrap up the program, the children enjoyed lunch and Rita’s Italian Ice (York) and ice cream (Dinwiddie) with their parents, followed by a tour of their offices.
To learn more about Take Your Daughters & Sons to Work Day, visit http://www.daughtersandsonstowork.org.
About Wagman Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa. Wagman has been consistently ranked among the Best Places to Work in PA. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort