June 30, 2016
Wagman Hires Executive Vice President & Controller
(York, PA ) Wagman recently welcomed Michael J. Konieczka and Jim Geary to the Wagman team.
Michael J. Konieczka has joined Wagman Construction as executive vice president. Based in Wagman Construction’s downtown office in York, PA, Konieczka oversees the firm’s operations and ensures that projects are completed at the highest level of quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
“After working with some of the nation’s largest contractors, Michael brings operational excellence and expertise in other construction disciplines, such as lean construction and innovative construction technologies,” said Kevin M. Snoke, President & COO of Wagman Construction. “With Michael on our team, we are positioned to enhance our organizational efficiency and exceed the goals of our clients.”
With more than 28 years of construction industry experience, Konieczka has worked extensively in the higher education, healthcare, commercial, and hospitality/multi-family residential market segments. He is a member of the Lean Construction Institute. Konieczka holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh.
Jim Geary joined Wagman in the role of Corporate Controller, and is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations and financial reporting for all Wagman corporations. He is working out of the corporate office in York, PA.
Geary comes to Wagman with substantial experience in the construction industry. During his career, he has worked for a large national construction firm and large international engineering firm. Geary received a B.S. in Finance from the State University of New York. Mike Glezer, CEO of Wagman, comments “Jim’s perspective and experience working with systems and processes are beneficial to Wagman’s strategic initiatives to take our services to the next level.”
Glezer adds, “Jim and Michael are strong additions to our team. They both bring a wealth of knowledge, perspective and experience that are particularly valuable as we grow. These positions are a direct result of our sustained growth and support our strategic plan objectives.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. Wagman has been consistently ranked among the Best Places to Work in PA. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman hosts Fall Family Events in honor of Company’s 115th Anniversary
- Wagman Celebrates Ribbon Cutting of MD 404 with Governor
- Wagman Completes Transformation at DreamWrights Center for Community Arts
- Wagman Breaks Ground on Landmark Project for York Academy
- Wagman Construction Builds Innovative Penn State Health Outpatient Facility
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort