Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Opens I-95 Northbound Bridge over Meherrin River to Traffic
December 14, 2018 by Alyssa Girouard
December 14, 2018
(Dinwiddie, VA) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. announces the opening of the northbound bridge on I-95 over the Meherrin River in Emporia, Va. The bridge opened to traffic on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 and is the second Interstate bridge on the project that has opened to traffic.
Greg Andricos, president and COO of Wagman Heavy Civil states, “We are proud of our team for achieving this milestone in spite of a historically wet construction season. Wagman plans to continue the expedited delivery of this project, enhancing quality and safety on I-95.”
The first new bridge to open was the southbound bridge in September 2017, built next to the existing southbound bridge, while northbound traffic shifted onto the old southbound bridge. Crews then demolished the existing northbound bridge and built the new one in its place. Demolition on the existing southbound bridge, a final stage in the project, has now begun. Aside from the demolition and replacement of both bridges, the $22M project also includes installation of storm water management facilities.
Construction on the project began in January 2016 and is required to be completed by fall 2019.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for MD 32 from Linden Church Road to I-70
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Opens I-95 Northbound Bridge over Meherrin River to Traffic
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Replacement of Three Bridges over MD 295
- Wagman Breaks Ground on York Revolution 1741 Club
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors