Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
February 6, 2019 by Alyssa Girouard
February 6, 2019
(York, PA) On January 31, 2019, the Maryland Quality Initiative (MdQI) hosted its annual Awards of Excellence banquet during the 26th MdQI Conference in Baltimore, Md. These awards are open to engineers and contractors who successfully deliver public sector transportation projects in the state of Maryland. Wagman received three awards for their work on the MD 404 project in Denton, Md.
Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. received the following Awards of Excellence: the 2019 MdQI Maryland State Highway Administration Award Over $5 Million and a Partnering Construction Award. In addition, Wagman received the 2019 MdQI Grand Award for Project of the Year Over $5 Million.
The $112M design-build project for the Maryland State Highway Administration consisted of the design and construction of MD 404 from a two to four lane divided highway from US 50 to east of Holly Road. This was a high-profile project with only 18 months allotted to design, permit and construct the nine-mile segment.
Greg Andricos, president of Wagman Heavy Civil, comments, “This project required extraordinary planning, constant communication, and coordination with multiple stakeholders. We are proud of our team for safely delivering this design-build project while meeting an extremely compressed schedule. We are honored that MdQI recognized our collective efforts.”
Wagman formed a joint venture (404 Corridor Safety Constructors) with David A. Bramble, Inc. and Allan Myers, Inc. to design and construct the nine-mile highway. Wagman served as the managing partner. To accelerate delivery, the project was segmented into three parts and each contractor was paired with a designer and responsible for a given physical segment. Project design partners included Wallace, Montgomery & Associates, Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, and RK&K with Century Engineering for Independent Design Quality Assurance.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Sponsors Fifth Annual Food Drive & Sculpture Contest
- Lisa Wagman Glezer Inducted into Circle of Excellence
- Wagman’s East Riverfront Transportation Project Recognized with APWA Award
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center