Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
August 20, 2018 by Alyssa Girouard
August 20, 2018
(Dinwiddie, VA ) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. announces the completion of the Odd Fellows Road / US Route 29/460 Interchange in Lynchburg, Va. The project was completed and opened to traffic on Wednesday, August 8, 2018.
The approximately $30 million design-build project for the Virginia Department of Transportation included a new interchange along the US Route 29/460 corridor at Odd Fellows Road in Lynchburg, Va. The project included a two span bridge over existing US Route 29/460, two on-ramps, two traffic roundabouts, and the widening of an existing portion of Odd Fellows Road. Corridor wide utility relocations, sidewalks, a shared use path, and enhanced street lighting and landscaping were additional improvements completed on the project.
The new interchange provides access to a vibrant industrial development area, will aid in attracting future business to the city, and supports Liberty University’s master development plan.
Greg Andricos, president and COO of Wagman Heavy Civil states, “I want to commend all project team members for continuing to progress the final construction elements of this project through a season impacted by historic rainfall. Wagman is happy to have safely delivered this new interchange as well as the enhancements to Odd Fellows Road in support of the growing Lynchburg community.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center