Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
January 21, 2019 by Alyssa Girouard
January 21, 2019
(York, PA) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. announces they have been awarded the contract for the Claymont Regional Transportation Center (RTC) in New Castle County, De. The Claymont RTC is the northernmost of the state’s four train stations and links Delaware to the Philadelphia region.
The $54 million design-build project, awarded by the State of Delaware, includes a three-tiered parking garage and plaza area with ticketing space, restrooms and other amenities; two elevated platforms with canopies; a pedestrian bridge with associated towers; at-grade parking; and a new roadway and shared-use path connecting existing pedestrian and bicycle facilities. Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (JMT) is supporting Wagman as the Designer of Record.
Mike Glezer, CEO of Wagman, states, “Wagman has the unique ability to provide heavy civil, general building construction and geotechnical construction expertise, which, along with our train station experience, will benefit this much-anticipated community improvement project. We are excited to partner with DelDOT and make this project a reality.”
Construction on the project is slated to begin this summer and is scheduled to be complete in thirty months.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center