Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
April 29, 2019 by Emilee Traver
April 29, 2019
(Dinwiddie, VA) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. announces they’ve been awarded the design-build contract for the Route 7 and Battlefield Parkway Interchange Project in the Town of Leesburg, Virginia.
The $59.6 million Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) project creates a grade separated single point urban interchange by constructing a new two-span bridge over Route 7 while improving existing access to Cardinal Park Drive and Russell Branch Parkway among others. Construction will also include an eastbound shared-use path and westbound sidewalk along Battlefield Parkway. Project goals include: congestion relief, improved safety and enhanced mobility for bicyclists and pedestrians along the corridor, and improved storm water management.
“We are grateful for this opportunity to work the VDOT NOVA District Team on another design-build interchange,” shares Greg Andricos, president and coo of Wagman Heavy Civil. “Wagman’s team comprised of Parsons Transportation Group, Quinn Consulting Services, and CES Consulting looks forward to partnering with the Town of Leesburg to expedite the delivery of this signature project in support of Leesburg’s vibrant community.”
Construction on the project is scheduled to begin this fall and last approximately two years. For more information on the project, visit the Virginia Department of Transportation project website.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Sponsors Fifth Annual Food Drive & Sculpture Contest
- Lisa Wagman Glezer Inducted into Circle of Excellence
- Wagman’s East Riverfront Transportation Project Recognized with APWA Award
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center