Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
April 11, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
April 11, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman demonstrated their support for the 18th Annual National Work Zone Awareness Week from April 3 – 7, 2017. Wagman employees were encouraged to “go orange” throughout the week to help raise awareness and bring national attention to motorist and work zone safety. Jobsite personnel were encouraged to participate and send photos and videos of daily safety activities which include “Stretch & Flex” and “Safety Huddles”, where they discuss potential work zone safety hazards before they start their day. Wagman also coordinated a social media campaign in an effort to further increase awareness with the general public.
Mike Glezer, CEO comments, “In 2015, there were 700 work zone fatalities, a 5% increase from 2014, according to the Fatality Analysis Reporting System.” Glezer adds, “While driving through work zones, we are asking drivers to pay attention to signage and remain patient and alert. Keeping our people safe is a priority every day. Wagman is proud to support the industry efforts to raise awareness for National Work Zone Awareness Week.”
The theme for 2017 is “Work Zone Safety is in Your Hands.” Each year since its start, the Federal Highway Administration has worked with other organizations, including the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the American Traffic Safety Services Association, to organize the event on a national level. The goal is to bring attention to motorist and worker safety in work zones.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors