April 11, 2017
Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
(York, PA ) Wagman demonstrated their support for the 18th Annual National Work Zone Awareness Week from April 3 – 7, 2017. Wagman employees were encouraged to “go orange” throughout the week to help raise awareness and bring national attention to motorist and work zone safety. Jobsite personnel were encouraged to participate and send photos and videos of daily safety activities which include “Stretch & Flex” and “Safety Huddles”, where they discuss potential work zone safety hazards before they start their day. Wagman also coordinated a social media campaign in an effort to further increase awareness with the general public.
Mike Glezer, CEO comments, “In 2015, there were 700 work zone fatalities, a 5% increase from 2014, according to the Fatality Analysis Reporting System.” Glezer adds, “While driving through work zones, we are asking drivers to pay attention to signage and remain patient and alert. Keeping our people safe is a priority every day. Wagman is proud to support the industry efforts to raise awareness for National Work Zone Awareness Week.”
The theme for 2017 is “Work Zone Safety is in Your Hands.” Each year since its start, the Federal Highway Administration has worked with other organizations, including the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the American Traffic Safety Services Association, to organize the event on a national level. The goal is to bring attention to motorist and worker safety in work zones.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort