Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
March 1, 2019 by Alyssa Girouard
March 1, 2019
(York, PA) Wagman Construction, Inc. announces they have awarded their first Pillar of Excellence Subcontractor Safety Award to CCE Specialties of King George, Virginia. The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding safety performance. CCE was nominated based on their superior safety performance on Wagman’s Tribute at Black Hill project for Thrive Senior Living in Germantown, Maryland. David Rankin, President & CEO, and Al Zion, Safety Director, of CCE Specialties accepted the award during Wagman’s February semi-annual meeting.
Tribute at Black Hill is a $26.6 million, 110,000-square-foot senior living facility featuring 140 beds, bicycle paths, a physical therapy gym, memory terrace and an outdoor bistro with fireplace. CCE Specialties’ scope of work included metal studs, exterior sheathing, interior framing and drywall.
“Safety is a core value at Wagman,” shared Michael Konieczka, president & COO of Wagman Construction at the recent all-staff event. “We saw an opportunity to recognize a true partner in CCE on our first time working with them. With this award, we want to show our sincere gratitude to CCE Specialties for going above and beyond on this project, embracing and elevating our safety standard onsite so other team members and subcontractors can go home safe every day.”
The Tribute at Black Hill project will be complete this year and is slated to receive LEED Silver certification.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a full-service general contractor, Wagman facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center