September 5, 2017
Wagman Construction Builds Innovative Penn State Health Outpatient Facility
(York, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed construction of a new Penn State Medical Group physician practice site in Cumberland County, Pa. The outpatient practice features innovative design elements intended to streamline the patient experience.
The practice is located in Silver Spring Township along Route 114, near Interstate 81. The new building features 9,000 square feet of clinical space, including 14 exam rooms, staff work areas, patient waiting areas and support space. The building also includes an additional 4,000 square feet of undeveloped space which is expected to house up to 14 more exam rooms in the future. By Design Consultants served as lead architect on the project.
The outpatient facility is equipped with a real-time location system – technology that uses ceiling sensors, personal badges and mapping software to manage the location of providers, staff and patients throughout the practice. The system is aimed at improving staff efficiency, resulting in reduced wait time for patients.
The building design is based on lean principles, and will allow for the patient’s entire visit – from intake to check out – to occur in the same room, providing for smoother transitions and greater privacy than in a traditional practice setting. Lean construction practices also enabled the Wagman team to plan work with a focus on a high-quality workmanship. One such practice was the use of pull planning. Pull planning starts with the milestone deadline and works back into the preceding work activities with a focus on eliminating waste and inefficiency while improving overall schedule performance.
“In the pull planning process, we collaborate with the entire project team, including the owner, design professionals, subcontractors, and vendors,” said Kevin Snoke, president & COO of Wagman Construction. Everyone on the project team for Penn State Health was engaged—and held accountable—to meet their commitments as and when promised. As a result, waste was eliminated in the flow of construction activities and we provided a more accurate schedule.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Breaks Ground on Landmark Project for York Academy
- Wagman Construction Builds Innovative Penn State Health Outpatient Facility
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort