October 21, 2016
Wagman Completes Transformation of the Rehabilitation Center at Brethren Village
(Lancaster, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed the final steps in transforming Brethren Village’s existing independent living apartment building into a 20-bed, 19,470 square foot, short-term rehabilitation center.
With the addition of the Rehabilitation Center, Brethren Village utilizes The Courtyards, the skilled care building, for residents requiring more involved care, while residents on a short-term recovery path can be aided at the Rehabilitation Center. The new rehab building was designed to bring elements of the outdoors inside — including sunlight and outdoor views. All resident suites feature a bay window surrounded by natural stone tile walls to bring the outdoors in. The resident suites, common spaces and therapy gyms feature abundant natural light, all serving to create a healing environment.
Renovations involved creating 20 short-term, private rehabilitation suites, including two bariatric rooms. All rooms are equipped with personal bathrooms, walk-in showers, individually controlled room temperatures, Wi-Fi, and charging stations. Other features of the center include therapy rooms, common areas for visiting families, a business lounge, and bistro-style dining. In addition, the center houses a Specialized Nursing Center of Excellence with rehabilitation programs for neurological, cardiopulmonary, orthopedic, and complex medical conditions.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. Wagman has been consistently ranked among the Best Places to Work in PA. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort