Wagman Completes Transformation at DreamWrights Center for Community Arts
October 12, 2017 by Amy Collins
October 12, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed construction of the largest-ever renovation in the history of DreamWrights Center for Community Arts in downtown York, Pa. In 2006, Wagman completed the original adaptive reuse of the more than 100-year-old building that once served as a farmer’s market.
The latest $1.8 million renovation includes the addition of a second performance space, ADA-compliant restrooms, a redone lobby, box office and concession area. The renovations support DreamWrights’ goals to support more programs, revitalize and protect its historic building, and ensure long-term sustainability.
Work on the DreamWrights renovation commenced in April 2017 and was completed by the end of September, in time for the organization’s 20th anniversary celebration. The transformation took place while the facility was fully operational, requiring the team to create a plan for complex phasing to accommodate performances and other offerings. The project was completed by Wagman’s Special Projects Group, which focuses on improvement projects under $2 million, bringing scale appropriate solutions to a wide variety of projects that are considered special due to unique requirements, shorter durations, or size and scope.
“As the saying goes, ‘The show must go on,’” said Kevin Snoke, president & COO of Wagman Construction. “Our team is accustomed to operations situated in tight urban surroundings and busy settings and works to ensure the safety and security of employees and visitors, as well as others on site. This project was no exception, and I am proud of our team for their work on these improvements to support the growth and development of DreamWrights.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for MD 32 from Linden Church Road to I-70
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Opens I-95 Northbound Bridge over Meherrin River to Traffic
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Replacement of Three Bridges over MD 295
- Wagman Breaks Ground on York Revolution 1741 Club
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors