May 19, 2016
Wagman Completes New Leg Up Farmers Market in Manchester Township
(York, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed construction on the new Leg Up Farmers Market at 3100 N. George Street in Manchester Township.
The new 18,700-square-foot, full-service grocery store sells all-natural foods, including local produce, artisan cheese, local beef, freshly baked breads, brick-oven pizza, self-service ground peanut butter, prepared food, and fresh seafood. Customers can expect roughly 15,000 products in the store, including 120 bulk products like nuts and grains. In addition to the staging areas for produce, a café, seating area, and restrooms are part of the market.
The majority of profits from the market will support Leg Up Farm and Able-Services, two non-profit organizations that are part of the Leg Up Farm Family of companies. "Serving local, fresh foods won’t just benefit the York community, but will support the children with special needs receiving therapy at Leg Up Farm," said Leg Up Farm's CEO Louie Castriota.
One particularly interesting feature of the market’s exterior shell is the 42’ silo which serves as the market’s main entrance, acknowledging the important role farmers play in serving the community.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. Wagman has been consistently ranked among the Best Places to Work in PA. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Completes Transformation at DreamWrights Center for Community Arts
- Wagman Breaks Ground on Landmark Project for York Academy
- Wagman Construction Builds Innovative Penn State Health Outpatient Facility
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort