Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort
February 1, 2017 by Amy Collins
February 1, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed a base lodge expansion at Whitetail Resort in Mercersburg, Pa. The $8.5 million project was built during Whitetail’s off season and completed in time for the 2016-17 ski and snowboarding season.
Whitetail, a year round resort offering snow skiing, an 18-hole golf course, and other outdoor activities celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2016. The expansion was planned as a direct response to client feedback and developed to enhance customer experience. The new 31,000 sq. ft. expansion incorporates design elements of the existing lodge along with modern amenities and features additional dining and seating options for guests.
The new eateries include Mountain Hearth, a 180-seat, brick-oven pizzeria, and Day Break Café, a 150-person coffee café with grab-and-go offerings on the first-floor main level. Solstice, a full-service restaurant accommodates 300 guests on the second floor, and doubles the resort’s available space for wedding receptions and banquets. On the lower level, locker space and changing areas were added and a child care area was updated and enlarged.
“The expansion of our base lodge not only improves the resort’s dining options, but it provides our guests the opportunity to relax with friends and family after a day on the mountain. This expansion demonstrates our company's commitment to improving guest service through significant investment back into our resort," said Whitetail Resort President and General Manager Don MacAskill. “Our partnership with Wagman enabled Whitetail Resort to complete the project throughout the summer and fall and have the new space ready for the official start of our busy winter season.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for MD 32 from Linden Church Road to I-70
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Opens I-95 Northbound Bridge over Meherrin River to Traffic
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Replacement of Three Bridges over MD 295
- Wagman Breaks Ground on York Revolution 1741 Club
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors