February 1, 2017
Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort
(York, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed a base lodge expansion at Whitetail Resort in Mercersburg, Pa. The $8.5 million project was built during Whitetail’s off season and completed in time for the 2016-17 ski and snowboarding season.
Whitetail, a year round resort offering snow skiing, an 18-hole golf course, and other outdoor activities celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2016. The expansion was planned as a direct response to client feedback and developed to enhance customer experience. The new 31,000 sq. ft. expansion incorporates design elements of the existing lodge along with modern amenities and features additional dining and seating options for guests.
The new eateries include Mountain Hearth, a 180-seat, brick-oven pizzeria, and Day Break Café, a 150-person coffee café with grab-and-go offerings on the first-floor main level. Solstice, a full-service restaurant accommodates 300 guests on the second floor, and doubles the resort’s available space for wedding receptions and banquets. On the lower level, locker space and changing areas were added and a child care area was updated and enlarged.
“The expansion of our base lodge not only improves the resort’s dining options, but it provides our guests the opportunity to relax with friends and family after a day on the mountain. This expansion demonstrates our company's commitment to improving guest service through significant investment back into our resort," said Whitetail Resort President and General Manager Don MacAskill. “Our partnership with Wagman enabled Whitetail Resort to complete the project throughout the summer and fall and have the new space ready for the official start of our busy winter season.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort