Wagman Celebrates Ribbon Cutting of MD 404 with Governor
November 21, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
November 21, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman Heavy Civil representatives joined Maryland Governor Larry Hogan and Secretary of Transportation, Pete Rahn, for a ribbon cutting ceremony in celebration of MD 404 opening.
The MD 404 project is a $105M design-build project, for the Maryland State Highway Administration and consisted of the design and construction of MD 404 from a two to four lane divided highway from US 50 to east of Holly Road. This high profile project had an unprecedented 18 month delivery schedule for a design-build project of this magnitude in the state of Maryland. The Construction Joint Venture included three civil contractors: Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. serving as the managing partner, David A. Bramble, Inc. and Allan Myers, Inc.
In order to accelerate the delivery of this project, it was segmented into three parts, and each contractor was paired with a designer and responsible for a given physical segment. Project design partners included Wallace, Montgomery & Associates, Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, and RK&K with Century Engineering for Independent Design Quality Assurance.
Greg Andricos, President of Wagman Heavy Civil comments, “This project exemplifies the benefits of design-build to accelerate project delivery. I commend our joint venture team for their extraordinary efforts to coordinate schedules while remaining vigilant to safety.”
For more information about the MD 404 project, please visit: http://www.md404project.com/
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman hosts Fall Family Events in honor of Company’s 115th Anniversary
- Wagman Celebrates Ribbon Cutting of MD 404 with Governor
- Wagman Completes Transformation at DreamWrights Center for Community Arts
- Wagman Breaks Ground on Landmark Project for York Academy
- Wagman Construction Builds Innovative Penn State Health Outpatient Facility
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort