Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
June 10, 2019 by Emilee Traver
June 10, 2019
(York, PA) Wagman Construction, Inc. constructed the Kline Fitness Center for Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA in accordance to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards and is thrilled to announce the project recently received LEED Gold Certification. Some of the project’s LEED strategies included utilizing certified wood, reviewing individual materials for recycled content percentage, monitoring outdoor air delivery, and off-site sorting. In addition, the project also includes green features like a sun screen system, full building automation (BAS), lighting controls, storm water management system, thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) roofing system, and rubber recycled flooring.
LEED is the most widely used green building rating system in the world and an international symbol of excellence in green building. Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED certification ensures electricity cost savings, lower carbon emissions and healthier environments for the places we live, work, learn, play and worship. The certification is proof that buildings are going above and beyond to ensure the building is constructed and operated to the highest level of sustainability.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa. As a full-service general contractor, Wagman facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia and Maryland.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center